Sunday, January 2, 2011

Corner Office, Interview with Catherine Winder, president and executive producer of Rainmaker Entertainment; New York Times, 1/2/11

Adam Bryant, Corner Office, New York Times; Interview with Catherine Winder, president and executive producer of Rainmaker Entertainment: Got an Idea? Sell It to Me in 30 Seconds:

"Q. What are the most important leadership lessons you’ve learned?

A. I learned that everybody needs as much communication as possible — you can’t overcommunicate...

Q. What experiences did you have when you were younger that prepared you for that kind of role?

A. I’m just somebody who tends to jump into situations because I love a challenge. I was at Western University in Canada, and they were trying to get a monthly television show off the ground with the local cable company. They said they needed somebody to head it up, and I said, “I’ll do it.” I knew nothing about it. But that experience showed me how to get volunteers inspired, how to hear all the different points of view and how to pull something together and get it done in a relatively short period of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment