Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Don't Understand What Anyone Is Saying Anymore; Harvard Business Review, 12/5/11

Dan Pallotta, Harvard Business Review; I Don't Understand What Anyone Is Saying Anymore:

"I'd say that in about half of my business conversations, I have almost no idea what other people are saying to me. The language of internet business models has made the problem even worse...

People just don't make sense anymore. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble if you internalize this. Observe it, deconstruct it, and appreciate just how ridiculous most business conversation has become.

You will gain tremendous credibility, become much more productive, make those around you much more productive, and experience a great deal more joy in your working life if you look someone in the eye after hearing one of these verbal brain jammers and tell the person, "I don't have any idea what you just said to me.""

No comments:

Post a Comment