Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Interview with Terri Ludwig, president and chief executive of Enterprise Community Partners; Corner Office, New York Times, 8/20/11

Adam Bryant, Corner Office, New York Times; Interview with Terri Ludwig, president and chief executive of Enterprise Community Partners, a nonprofit housing finance organization:

"Q. Let’s shift to hiring. How would you interview me?

A. First of all, I would have expected you to be pretty well screened by the time you get to me. So I probably wouldn’t spend much time on the technical aspects. I would spend some time talking first about our mission. Why Enterprise? What’s compelling to you about housing and community development? I’d be looking for really a true commitment to that — something that really resonates and makes sense. And what have you done in your past? What do you do in your free time? I’d definitely want to know about who you are as a person. How do you live your life?

Q. And what other questions do you ask?

A. How do you like to work on a team? I would probably ask some specifics about how you would work toward getting a project done, and how you would engage teams. Give me some examples of how you’ve done that."

No comments:

Post a Comment